Read the eBook Summary
The How to Buy a Houseboat ebook is a step-by-step guide filled with tips, answers, and tools to help you through the planning & shopping stages. It's an easy to read, honest, straight-forward guide that covers everything from A to Z.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
20 Chapters (with 100's of answers)
Chapter #1 (page 1-15)
HOW TO BUY A HOUSEBOAT IN A SIMPLE PROCESS.
- The boat-buying journey, let’s buy that dream boat.
- Buy the Right Boat, the First Time Around.
- Congratulations, let’s separate the two sides.
Chapter #2 (page 16-20)
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH YOUR HOUSEBOAT?
- Do you want occasional anchoring, or weekend getaways?
- Do you want to go long distance travel, or long-term cruising?
- Do you intend to do full-time living or want to live-aboard?
- Are you single, a couple, a small family, or a large group?
Chapter #3 (page 21-40)
WHAT STYLE OF HOUSEBOAT SHOULD YOU LOOK FOR?
- Do you want a fast, slower, trailerable, or stationary boat?
- Do you prefer a pontoon style, or a full-hull houseboat?
- What size houseboat should you buy to satisfy your needs?
Full of visual diagrams & photos
Chapter #4 (page 41-50)
WHAT TYPE OF ENGINE, DRIVETRAIN, OPTIONS, ETC…?
- Should you buy a single engine or twin engine, diesel or gas?
- What are the differences between inboards, I/O’s, outboards?
Chapter #5 (page 51-54)
DO YOU BUY A NEW, USED, OR TIMESHARE RENTAL?
- Let's look at the pros/cons of new vs used vs timeshare.
- Do you prefer having a warranty vs more maintenance?
- Newer houseboat versus upgrading an older houseboat.
- Compare newer vs older boat equipment and technology.
Chapter #6 (page 55-62)
THERE’S FASTER & SLOWER BOATS, WHICH ONE?
- The pros & cons of displacement versus planing hulls.
- Let's look at size, speed, time, distance, mpg, and mph.
Buy a boat, and 'NOT get taken'
Chapter #7 (page 63-69)
DECISIONS, TO BUY ALUMINUM, FIBERGLASS, ETC…?
- Aluminum houseboats, a look at the pros and cons.
- Fiberglass houseboats, a look at the pros and cons.
- Should you consider buying a wood or steel boat?
- Salt water, do you buy an aluminum or fiberglass boat?
Chapter #8 (page 70-72)
BUYING A BOAT LOCALLY, VERSUS FURTHER AWAY?
- Calculating the boat acquisition costs of close versus far.
- Tips for pre-viewing a potential boat from a distance.
- A pre-visit checklist to help inspect and evaluate boats.
Chapter #9 (page 73-77)
HOW OLD OF A HOUSEBOAT DO YOU BUY?
- A look at neglected boats, vs upgrades or buying newer?
- Analysis of your personal skills versus hired help.
- Requirements of insurance, financing, and marinas.
Dozens of money saving tips $$
Chapter #10 (page 78-79)
WHAT’S YOUR HOUSEBOAT BUDGET?
- How to estimate & calculate your houseboat budget.
- What are the one-time and on-going expenses?
- What about the marina and winter storage expenses?
- An overview of an operating & maintenance budget.
Chapter #11 (page 80-89)
OPTIONS & EQUIPMENT YOU MAY WANT?
- Extra options like thrusters, generator, solar, propane, etc?
- Bonus – Pre-Visit checklist to organize your searches
Chapter #12 (page 90-95)
HOW TO FINANCE OR PAY FOR A HOUSEBOAT?
- How old of a houseboat can you get financing for?
- Overview of interest rates and monthly payments.
- Tips and sources to go about financing a houseboat.
- Will you need a marine survey to finance a boat?
- Do houseboats qualify for income tax deductibility?
Save months of research & work
Chapter #13 (page 96-99)
WHAT ABOUT TRANSPORTING A HOUSEBOAT?
- Moving a boat locally, across states, or is it navigable?
- The transport heights, widths, permits and escorts.
- Transport preparation tips for the road or water.
Chapter #14 (page 100-103)
SHOULD YOU GET A MARINE SURVEY, AND WHY?
- Surveys for purchasing, selling, financing and insurance.
- Knowing the condition, value and recommendations.
- What are the general prices for a marine survey?
- Where can I find a marine surveyor, or more information?
- Should a marine mechanic do a mechanical inspection?
Chapter #15 (page 104-107)
WHAT ABOUT INSURING A HOUSEBOAT?
- What are the costs involved in insuring a boat?
- Can I insure an older steel or wooden houseboat?
- Where are some sources for insuring houseboats?
- What about winterizing and storing for the winters?
The family will LOVE a great boat
Chapter #16 (page 108-111)
HOW TO PICK A MARINA AND DOCK SLIP?
- What marina services should you look for?
- Choosing between various dock slips?
- What about covered and uncovered slips?
Chapter #17 (page 112-114)
WHERE TO FIND HOUSEBOATS FOR SALE?
* We show you places you never thought to look.
* How to find the best deals for houseboats for sale.
Chapter #18 (page 115-117)
THE DIFFERENCES OF WHO YOU'RE DEALING WITH?
- How to interact with the Marina Salesperson
- How to interact with the Boat Dealer
- How to interact with the Houseboat Factory
- How to interact with the Private Seller
- How are you going to deal/negotiate with them?
I'll share a lifetime of experience
Chapter #19 (page 118-129)
THE CHOOSING, VISITING, AND BUYING OF A BOAT?
- Pre-visit checklist to organize and evaluate.
- The actual visit and pre-inspection stage.
- Time for the offer to purchase.
- The negotiation and counter-offers.
- The sea-trial, how she runs and rides.
- The marine survey and the surveyor results.
- The time for financing and loan options.
- Time to confirm an insurance policy.
- Getting the houseboat to your home port?
- Close the deal, the paperwork involved.
- Taxes, licensing, registration, documentation?
Chapter #20 (page 130-135)
HOUSEBOAT RESOURCES, LINKS, BONUS FORM
- Where to find more e-Books & Videos
- Links to various boating courses
- Links for used houseboat-pricing guides.
- Bonus Form: Offer to Purchase (sample)
* Today there's a bonus for you,
grab the (2) free ebooks below
* Today is , and we're giving (2) free ebooks to our website visitors.
We want to help all the boat buyers on the site, so we're giving away as our gift to you 2 free (but priceless) ebooks. It's our way to say thanks, and to give-back to our readers.
The 1st ebook, Houseboat Pre-Inspection is designed to help you first do a preliminary inspection yourself, before spending your money for a marine surveyor. This ebook can save you hundreds of dollars, by eliminating boats that you shouldn't bother surveying.
The 2nd ebook, Houseboat Sea-Trials is designed to help you identify what to look for, before and during the important test-ride. A critical step where 'boat-buying decisions' can often be made.
"I'm looking at getting a boat, and this is the easiest way to make smart buying decisions."
Michel, Qc Canada
* For the price of a dinner you'll become
a buying PRO, and save thousands of $$$
Today is bonus day, so I'll include the Pre-Inspection & Sea-Trials ebooks for you to read. These (2) bonus ebooks alone are $10 each, so a $20 value included for free. These 2 ebooks alone will save you a huge amount of time, money, and energy during your boat-buying journey.
Get Immediate Access to PDF
Download it today and you'll
get all 3 ebooks for 52% off.
A limited-time offer.
Boat buying knowledge is priceless, so fast forward yours today.